Check Engine Light Repair
Austin Mobile Mechanics provides auto services for motorists needing check engine light repair work and inspections in Austin, Cedar Park, Pflugerville, and Round Rock. If you're looking for an auto repair shop to diagnose your check engine light, look no further! Here at Austin Mobile Mechanics we believe in honest repairs and friendly customer service. This means we don't recommend or fix anything unless your vehicle needs it or you issued the order.
Excellence is our main priority here, and our ASE certified professionals will have your check engine light repairs fixed and ready to go. Speed is an asset manifested from years of experience, and when dealing with Austin Mobile Mechanics you receive only the best of services. With a check engine light service you will be provided a full on diagnostics of your vehicle and checkup on all possible suspects of the situation. We offer a detailed list and honest advise of your car once completed before any work is done. That's the standard of Austin Mobile Mechanics, the Honest Mechanics. We provide services for all residents living in Austin, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Cedar Park, Jollyville, Del Valle, and in surrounding areas of Texas.
Below are some of the most common problems we see with cars when the check engine light appears:
- Replace Oxygen Sensor: The oxygen sensor is responsible for monitoring the amount of unburned oxygen in your car's exhaust and will also tell the computer inside your car when there is too much or too little fuel. If you choose to ignore this problem, it could mean up to a 40% reduction in your gas mileage.
- Replace Loose, Damaged, or Missing Gas Cap: Sometimes when you're refueling at the gas pump, you might not close the gas cap entirely and it could become loose. Also, this gas cap may get damaged for one reason or another. Replacing or tightening a gas cap is a very simple fix. If left ignored, this problem could lead to a 0.5% decrease in your gas mileage, not to mention the fact that you're releasing gas vapors and causing damage to the environment.
- Replace Catalytic Converter(s): Typically, catalytic converters don't have problems unless a related part (a defective spark plug) is ignored for a long time. This is why it's so important to take care of the little problems as they crop up.
- Replace the Mass Air Flow Sensor: This sensor is responsible for determining how much air is coming into your car and how much fuel needs to be sent to the engine. When it's not working properly, it can lower your miles per gallon by 10-25%.
- Spark Plugs: Your car's spark plugs are responsible for igniting your car's air/fuel ratio. They can cause a lot of problems when they aren't working properly and can reduce your gas mileage, misfire, or ruin your car's catalytic converter.
Engine Inspection Services
Here at Austin Mobile Mechanics we offer comprehensive engine inspection services for motorists through out Austin, TX. Your car comes with many different wires, sensors, computer chips, spark plugs, and so on. When the check engine light comes on, there could be a problem anywhere. What sets us apart from other mechanics and garages in the area is that we will perform thorough diagnostic testing to make sure we are able to pinpoint the exact cause of the problem. By doing so, we can save you from potentially having an expensive part replaced. Also, we can ensure you that we have taken care of the problem and your car isn't going to break down and leave you stuck on the side of the road, or stuck in your own garage!
You can depend on our ASE certified technicians to figure out why your check engine light has popped up on your dashboard. We have a lot of experience with these lights and determining their cause. Give us a call today to learn more or to schedule an appointment.